Once you select Academy National Mortgage Corporation as your lender, you'll be amazed at how quickly and simply the loan process moves forward. Before you know it, you'll have a mortgage that suits your lifestyle and saves you money. Throughout the loan-application process, we provide you with regular updates. You can also call or email us with questions or new information.
Here's an overview of the loan-application process:
FIRST - To get started, click the Apply Now button above or below.
Most Real Estate Agents will require that you are pre-approved for a mortgage loan prior to showing you homes. This is the time to complete your application and provide all the necessary items to your Mortgage Professional (
click to see the mortgage checklist
). Once you have applied on-line, you will be able to SECURELY upload these items to the loan portal. Your Mortgage Professional will be notified of the application and receipt of needed items. At that time, a credit report will be pulled and a loan approval obtained.
Your Mortgage Professional will notify your Real Estate Agent of the loan approval and you can begin shopping.
NEXT - Once you've selected a property, your Mortgage Professional will provide a letter of approval to your Real Estate Agent to present with the contract to the Seller's Listing Agent.
After your contract is accepted, your Mortgage Professional will be in contact with you to discuss current rates and if any updated documents might be needed.
Specific disclosures will be provided and signatures required. If you choose to have an inspection on the home, you and your Real Estate Agent will schedule that to be done within the contract time limits. At the appropriate time, we'll order a property appraisal for you, if one is required, and the appraisal will be sent to the underwriter for approval.
Your Real Estate Agent or the Seller will designate an Escrow/Title Company to handle the funding of your loan, along with many other factors which make your purchase go smoothly.
LAST - Your Loan is Approved and Closing is scheduled!! We will coordinate with the escrow team and you'll sign the final papers at a designated place and time. Simple, Straightforward, Cost Effective, and FAST!! We will be in contact with you throughout the process via phone, email, and/or texting making sure you are informed and up-to-date.
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO MAKE THE PROCESS GO FASTER:
* Provide all the requested documents ASAP to your Mortgage Professional initially and if additional requests are made during the process. Please see Mortgage Checklist for needed items.
* Be honest and complete when you fill out your loan application (don't fudge length of employment or neglect to include any debt or sources of down payment, as that will delay the process).
* If there are any derogatory credit items, recent inquiries, etc., be prepared to explain those and provide a signed letter upon request.
* Respond promptly to additional document and information requests from your Mortgage Professional.
* Schedule the appraisal appointment ASAP upon receiving the call. Have every room in the home open and available for the appraiser to enter. Locked rooms are not acceptable and will delay the process plus you will pay an additional cost for the appraiser to return.
* You can upload all the requested documents to our SECURE loan portal. This makes receipt immediate and lessens the time for processing.
ACADEMY NATIONAL MORTGAGE CORPORATION - NMLSR #191799
SERVING ALL OF COLORADO
Phone: 303.987.0622 / Cell/Text: 303.902.0082